In our recent post, How To Fix Your Broken B2B Cold Email Campaign, we looked at four ways to improve your B2B SaaS email outreach efforts. Today we’re looking at B2B email personalization best practices but, just for the record, here are the four elements we looked at previously:
- Improve Your B2B Cold Email Campaign With Better Targeting
- Improve Your B2B Cold Email Campaign With Better Email Content
- Improve Your B2B Cold Email Campaign With Follow-Up
- Improve Your B2B Cold Email Campaign With Optimization
Make More B2B SaaS Sales With These 53 Personalization Elements In Your Next Cold Email Campaign
As we saw in the broken B2B cold email campaign article, identifying the right targets is obviously a hugely important aspect of filling your sales pipeline with cold email.
However, there’s more to targeting than meets the eye.
Targeting can include two main elements:
Personalization: Items such as name, job title, company name, industry.
Actionable Data: Pieces of information that indicate that the sales prospect is in the market for your type of product or service.
When it comes to actionable data, most people stick to the basics:
- Company Name
- Company Size
Unfortunately, this often leads to dull, cookie-cutter email messages that are a dime a dozen.
Instead, consider using new email personalization elements.
List Of 47 Email Personalization Options
Looking for inspiration when it comes to good cold email personalization options?
Try these on for size . . .
- Company size by headcount or estimated revenue
- Site popularity
- Job vacancies (number, types, or location)
- Total number of job vacancies
- Date job vacancy posted
- Software applications used on their website
- Days the software application is used
- Monthly estimated tech spend
- Company website keywords – use filters or machine learning to refine
- Years in business
- Years in job
- Industry verticals
- Age of company website
- Company website languages
- Company mobile site used or not
- Company website page links – use filters or machine learning to refine
- Number of Facebook likes
- Recent Facebook posts
- Number of Facebook people ‘talking about this’
- Number of Facebook posts per day / engagement rate
- Recent LinkedIn posts
- Number of Twitter followers
- Most recent tweet
- Number of Google reviews
- Most recent Google review
- Present on TripAdvisor
- Most recent Tripadvisor review
- Number of YouTube views
- Most recent YouTube video
- Number of YouTube subscribers
- Number of Instagram followers
- Most recent Instagram post
- Currently spending money on Google Adwords
- Spend money on other online advertising
- Website speed rating
- Company mobile apps
- Company mergers, demergers & acquisitions
- New company office
- Received funding, grant, business financing
- Earnings Release – negative or positive
- Government & public contract notices
- Won large contract/partnership
- Received award and distinction
- Percentage of growth achieved
- Business type: B2B. B2C, or both
- Business model: Advertising, Affiliate, Classifieds, Consulting, Direct Sales, Events, Freemium, Lead Generation, Marketplace, On-Demand, SaaS
So, now you have no excuse for a little creativity in your next B2B cold email outreach campaign thanks to these ideas and email personalization best practices!
If you’d like a little help with all this, visit Brightest Minds.